Flash Fiction (100 words or less) title not included :-)

Christmas In Passing

“Excuse me?” a tall, fading man with a shuffling walk appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, at the care facility she was visiting.

“Yes?” she answered him with a smile.

“Could I have a dessert to take to my wife?”

“I think so…”

What a darling request, she thought, and turned towards the fridge, about to look for something to give him.

“Jake?” a care aide interrupted.

“Yes.”

“Your wife passed away in April. She’s in heaven.”

“Oh. I’m sorry to trouble you,” he apologized to the visitor.

Like a ghost he disappeared past the Christmas tree, empty-handed.

Comments
9 Responses to “Flash Fiction (100 words or less) title not included :-)”
  1. Gaboo says:

Nice little perplex, Adrienne. Does the care aide really have to be that matter-of-fact, geesh? I should like to advise that person about giving a little slack. But it’s fiction—got me.

2. Adrienne S Moody says:

Thanks for reading, G. I know the ‘new age’ thing to do is be honest, give them the facts. If I were in charge, I would definitely redirect. It just seems the kinder thing to do.

3. Gaboo says:

Can we be sure the wife wasn’t there? Thinking in some context, I’m sure we could prove she might.

4. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually
    something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

5. Adrienne S Moody says:

Thank you so much for reading and your response. It means a lot to me~

A

6. It’s going to be finish of mine day, however before finish I am reading this fantastic paragraph to improve my experience.

7. Immigration Solicitors in folkstone says:

Thanks for finally talking about > � Flash Fiction (100 words or less) title not included :-) now.
    readthisplease.com < Liked it!

8. This post is worth everyone’s attention. Where can I find out more?

Also visit my weblog … discretionary leave to remain

9. Adrienne S Moody says:

Thanks for all your comments: much appreciated!